DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we?
Whitenoise Creative Limited is the data controller for this site. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Whitenoise Creative Limited complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal customer record management.
• To improve our products and services.
• Whitenoise Creative Limited may also follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, to a client who has requested information relating to our services.
• We may also communicate by email or phone about a specific promotion or in response to an enquiry via our website or social media.
• Where permission is obtained or a legitimate interest is evident – we may also send promotional e-mails about information that we think you may find interesting using a valid e-mail address.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Whitenoise Creative Limited adheres to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) guidance in respect of the lawfulness of processing data and includes:
• Article 6 of the GDPR processing - Consent of the data subject, meaning you the Client.
• Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Insurance requirements.
Sharing your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, Whitenoise Creative Limited will only pass on this information, or part of it, if it is absolutely necessary and with your informed consent. Or if we are required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Whitenoise Creative Limited will keep your personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary.
Your rights and your personal data: As a subscriber of Whitenoise Creative Limited we need to inform you about your individual rights that you have with respect to your personal data:
• The right to be informed – How your information is stored and used
• The right of access – A Subject Access Request
• The right to rectification – Correcting any information deemed incorrect
• The right to erasure – Removal from database
• The right to restrict processing – Permission to store but not to process data
• The right to data portability - It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily
• The right to object – Example; processing based on legitimate interests
• Rights to automated decision making – The right NOT to be subject to a decision.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact
Whitenoise Creative Limited, 21 Trafalgar Street, Edinburgh EH6 4DF
Telephone: 0131 555 2227 and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.